10.05.2007

Song of the week #2

Okay so I have wide range of music I enjoy, and yesterday when I was on my walk, I listened to today's song. It reminded me of Men's Basketball Games at Graceland, especially my senior year. Rebecca and I would usually go together she would bring a book, and I would buy a bag of popcorn, we sat there like old women, not really watching the game, me watching the people and her reading. But they always played this song, especially in the beginning, and I love the chorus, partly because a choir is singing, AND I am pretty sure the words to the chorus are from the movie Newsies. It's just a good get movin' song. Thank you, Nelly!

"Ain't no way they can stop me now Nelly
Cause I'm on my way, I can feel my reign comin
It's the blood of a champion, pumpin
Deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin
I'ma give what I can and more, even if
My blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin
It's the heart of a champion (it's the heart of me)
(It's the heart of a..) in me"

No comments:

Post a Comment