11.09.2007

Fired Up! And Ready!

Living in South Dakota, far away from my favorite political activist, Bill Russel, I totally forgot how great going to a campaign rally can be! Barak Obama was in Sioux City today! So Sara, Jessica and I went to listen to him. He is a great speaker! There was even this OLD (and by old I mean late 70's) lady in the crowd that was totally out of control and trying to monopolize his speech, he did great getting her off of his back, and he was funny while doing so. I got some buttons! And some good photos.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When he was talking I totally got into it! It reminded me of the last presidential election, all of the pre-convention hub-bub, see all of the nominees! So exciting!

Originally I was going to tell you all why I like Obama, instead I will just tell you about the rally/"town hall."

First, we got there, which was a joy in and of itself, because we had no idea where we were going.
Second, we got free buttons, see above.
Third, everyone was asking us if we were from Iowa and would be caucusing, but we don't live in Iowa AT ALL!
Fourth, thanks to Lewis, we got to sit in the FRONT ROW!
Fifth, pre-show guy was wicked lame.
Sixth, Obama came, gave a great speech about matter to be shared later.
Seventh, Old lady was heckling and making everyone laugh, at HER!
Eighth, we were told that we should caucus in Iowa for Obama.
Ninth, Obama made us laugh, and usually it was pretty loud.
Tenth, we got told to caucus in Iowa.
Eleventh, we got to shake Obama's hand (and i got to talk to him about always being prepared, he replied "it's like being a boy scout)!
Twelfth, they told us to caucus in Iowa.
Thirteenth, we had dinner at Red Robin.
Oh and did I mention, we got told to caucus in Iowa?

I will share more later after my family has a chance to be-rate me on my choice of candidate.
Hey I'm a free thinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment