5.12.2009

The weekend!

Here are a couple of pictures of what Winston and I did last weekend.


On Saturday we went to a farmer's market in Des Moines by the end of the morning Winston was pooped! He gets a little over excited with all of the people, but even more excited with all of the other dogs to play with!



At the market I got some fresh rhubarb and made a small crisp. It was not a success, I put WAY to much tapioca in with the fruit. Put the crisp part was GREAT!


I also picked up one Basil and one Cilantro plant to use over the summer and got these cute little "self watering" pots to put them in when I went to Wal-Mart. They're really not self watering, because you have to remember to fill the bottom with water, it's a little weird, but a lot cute!



I got a this desk and chair to put in my new apartment, I got them at a little shop in town.
They both have a distressed look, which is fine, but I might strip them and repaint them over the summer, we'll see.

Other than being on duty it was a great Spring/Summer weekend,
I am looking forward to many more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment