4.15.2011

Atlas or Choose Your Own Adventure?

Lately I have been asked "Where are you going? What are you doing?" relatively often.  Usually being asked these questions would cause me a great deal of anxiety because I am not the person who has their lives mapped out like an atlas.  I liken my life to a "choose your own adventure" book, you never know what's happening next you just turn a page and the fun begins! I know that there are a million different things that I can do, when should I do those things? When should I turn the page to the next adventure? (answer: right now)

But why do I dislike being asked about my future? I feel a little judged when I have no idea what my future is and everyone else has a plan, it's not that I mind not having a plan because obviously I would have a plan if I wanted a plan.  For the first time ever, I do not feel bad when I say that I don't necessarily know what my future holds, but I know it holds a great adventure.

Here is a list of things I can or would like to do (excluding my current profession) 
- a barista - i love coffee and I actually used to do this
- a receptionist or administrative assistant - I like organizing things and being nice
- a waitress - I enjoy giving people service with a smile
- personal organizer - I love organizing things
- a customer service representative - I am good with people and I like them
- a nanny - as much as I complain about children, I enjoy them
- event planner - i like events
- a crafter - making pretty things, what else is there?
- a baker - I might have to get up too early to be a baker
- a business owner - I really want to have my own shop of some sort

What it boils down to is that I don't know where I am going and I'm not sure where I'll end up but every chapter will be an adventure because every chapter has been an adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment