4.30.2011

A Classic Cupcake

This is always someone's favorite; Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting.  I originally found the recipe in a magazine and changed a couple of things that the recipe called for, hoping for a more signature way of baking.  This is a moist and very sweet cupcake that everyone has something nice to say about.





One of my favorites!  The cake of this cupcake is my traditional chocolate cake with  coconut milk instead of regular milk and coconut extract for a little extra added coconut-ness.  The frosting is Coconut Butter Cream with toasted coconut as a garnish. 


This was my first attempt with this recipe and I think it went well.  This is the very traditional yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  I, once again, found the recipe from a magazine and changed somethings about the ingredients in hopes to enhance the moisture of the cupcake.  I think that this recipe was successful, the top of the cake had a sort of candied quality which seemed to help preserve the moisture of the cake. 



Below is one of my favorite cupcake photos, I didn't take the photo and the hand isn't mine but the cupcake is my creation. 



I hope that you have enjoyed learning about my cupcakes, there are more to come! In the future I plan on sharing my Lemon Cupcakes and eventually Ginger Bread (we'll wait for Christmas).  I am also going to explore recipes for Cherry Chip, Stout, Merlot, Key Lime, Margarita, Strawberry Shortcake, Rum-Cake and many more so stay tuned for more cupcakes full of Whimsy and Merriment!

No comments:

Post a Comment