8.19.2011

A New Chair

I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping myself busy lately and one of the things I have been doing is refinishing furniture.  I have really been enjoying the furniture projects, they certainly give me something to focus on and I think the outcome is pretty great too.  Here is the first project I completed.

 This is what the chair started out as, pretty ratty.  The fabric on the seat obviously needed some changing, so did the padding and the wood. 

 After I dismantled the chair I sand it, keep the board and the hardware to use again later.  Nothing else on this chair was really worth saving, the next step was painting.  I choose white.  Then I put new padding back on the chair and covered it with fabric. 

This was the outcome of my project!  This was simple and I would gladly redo more chairs like this, I think I will be on the look our for a few more like this more to make a mismatched dining room set.  I love the finished result of this project, and was very proud of myself, who's ready to see my next project? 

2 comments: