4.13.2011

The Packing Purge

I've already started packing and with packing comes the purging of worldly possessions I don't need.  I've started and I can't stop!  The purging that is.  For some reason I love the cleansing feeling that comes with ridding myself of "things" that I do not need. 

I am not one of those people who wants to want less, I want A LOT of "things" and when I get all of the things I want, I want MORE! I LOVE "things," I love buying them, having them, displaying them and using them; but apparently I also loving the simplification of removing "things" from my life.  I blame two of my very good friends for this; Rebecca and Lindsay.

In college we played a game called "Throw S#*^ Away." At the end of the year we were aloud to go into eachother's rooms and decide what that person had to throw away.  This usually happened with a great deal of laugh, screaming and dramatic tossing of things into trash cans.  Sometimes I still can't get over the hump of throwing something away without a friendly nudge, of "you really don't need that." I have yet to regret a decision of throwing something away that a friend has suggest I throw away.  So, I'll purge my "things," but never my friends because they make everything just a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment